Monday, September 3, 2012

Where do I start.....

I'm starting this blog as a way to gather my thoughts and try to keep track of our every day life.   A little about me: I'm a 28 year old mother of 3 awesome kids Jared, Katie, and Jackson.  They always keep me on my toes and say the darnest things.   I'm sure that a billion other blogs are way more interesting.  I'm horrible at journaling so I thought this may be easier for me.  I am so blessed to be a stay at home mom, my kids are my life...period.   I married my very best friend Josh in November 2002 and I can't even begin to describe how much I love him. Yes..he's a goober who will do anything to put a smile on mine or the kids faces.  But for the most part, I know exactly what he's thinking and I still get butterflies whenever I hear his voice so that's all that matters...right?!?   The kids and I pretty much stay at home all the time while Josh is gone.  We have very little of a social life unless it involves going to church, a local restaurant or to a grandparents house.  In the last several years, I've been let down more than I care to admit so I have turned into the ultimate hermit and refuse to invite myself anywhere.  The way I see it, if someone wants to see ME, they can come to me because if I'm so easily replaced then I obviously wasn't the friend I thought I was.  Josh has worked for a military contract company for 5 years now.  He's currently in Afghanistan.  Actually he's been there since Jan. 2011 with a couple of 2-week trips home.  Being essentially a single parent for the most part is hard, alot harder than I every thought.  But I'm so proud of him for doing what he loves and being the man he is.  BUT we do miss him SO much and look forward to those phone calls, chats, and Face-time sessions every day.  I long for the days when my whole family can be together under one roof without having a count-down in the back of my head telling me our time together is coming to an end soon.  

I saw on another blog that they had done a series of blog posts so that every thing is "out there" for any readers who happen to stumble upon the blog.  I honestly could care less if anyone or if everyone reads my blog.  I'm doing it for me and for my memories.  SO I think I'll start with that series soon.   If your here, then thanks for stopping in.    Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment