Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Our Love Story...

This is our love story.

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We started dating February 8, 2002, got engaged in August of 02 and married on November 16th of that very same year! 

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
Josh and I had been friends since about 3rd grade when my Elementary school burned and we got merged with his Elementary School. :-( We were boyfriend/girlfriend almost all of 6th grade when he broke up with me so his friend could ask me to be his gf. (seriously..this happened). Fast forward lots of years and many classes together, we were both the same place and the same time during a school banquent our Senior year(2/8/2002) when we had the "magical moment" and decided that we would go out again. I don't think we had one single date that was just the 2 of us until after we were married a while. We pretty much just hung out with friends in an empty gas station parking lot..lol. (I was a cheap date apparently!)
 

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
Our big 10 yr. anniversary is coming up 11/16/2012

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
I really wanted to just go away to TN or even to the courthouse.   Josh didn't.  So we had a small wedding that all together may have cost $1000.  The only thing I would change if I had to go back is to insist on the Wedding Chapel in Gatlinburg TN.   :-)

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Let's see.  I call him Bub, Bubby, and Goober.   (he loves it when I call him Goober).  But he just calls me Baby.  :-)
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
#1 He's by far the funniest person I know.  He is always putting a smile on my face.
#2 He's soooo handsome.  It seems the older we get, the more I fall in love with him. 
#3 Even from miles away, he's an awesome dad.  


7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
I got off work and decided to surprise him in the tobacco patch.  I parked my car at the top of the hill and walked down (passing his parked truck in the process).  He got done and we were walking back to his truck where he jumped in real quick before unlocking my door.   When I got in his exact words were "oh heck..you've already seen it so I'll just give it to you now!"  and he pulls an engagement ring out of the glovebox.  I was stunned because I hadn't saw a thing!  SO I made him do a total re-do...lol.  (but it does make for a funny story).  He had plans to take me out to eat and propose, and it was about 2 weeks later before we went out to eat and he asked me again.  :-) 

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Actually none of the above.  If we decide to exchange gifts, he usually gets me something practical that I'm currently wanting.  And he knows that if all else fails...a Spa Day is by far my favorite thing on Earth. 


9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
ALL of the above.  Actually I'd settle for being in the same zipcode for more than 2 weeks.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
A cruise is #1.  It's something we've both never done and that I'm sure we would both enjoy. 

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
I'm sure he'll be working and probably out of the state.  Plus it's a school night for the kids so I'll probably watch a movie with them and just pretend it's just another day at home.

12. Are you asking for anything this Christmas?
Not really.  I think we've decided to get each other Rocking Chairs for our front porch.  I'll just be glad to have him home this Christmas, so presents aren't really important as long as we are together.
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
My biggest piece of advice is to love deeply, be kind and trustworthy and respect your spouse.  Always be supportive no matter what, discuss everything and never jump to conclusions.
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment