Friday, September 7, 2012

I want to get away...I want to flyyyyy away. yeah -- yeah -- yeah!

so..today is Friday.  I should be excited about this, but instead I find myself dreading the weekend.  Don't get me wrong...I do enjoy having my kids 24/7.  Anyone that does know me, knows that this is true...but every once and a while I long for a day alone without having to clean, do laundry, cook food, or entertain kids.  Just a day where I can sleep as late as I want to and then use my gigantic whirlpool tub that at most has been used a dozen times since we moved here Dec. 2010 without one of the kids knocking on the door and asking if I'm done yet.  In a few weeks, my bestie and I have a Spa Day planned.  We don't get together nearly enough but I know that I'll enjoy it and it can't get here SOON enough!  Those few hours without kids and pure relaxation.....yep, I'm ready NOW.  Anyways, the purpose of this blog was to help me remember these days so I guess today will be my first journal entry on my blog! 
Sometimes I just don't know what I ever did without my 3 kids.  But then, sometimes I just feel so overwhelmed with responsibility that I just want to jump in the truck and drive miles and miles...alone.  This is the part that really sucks about Josh being overseas for 2 straight years with only little 2 week breaks every 6 months.  It seems when he's home, I don't want to leave him and the kids for even a second to have "alone time" but then when he leaves...I always wish I had taken a day to myself.   And I do have people who would watch my kids, but that isn't the point.  The times that I really just want a break are usually at night after a super stressful day....and I don't make a habit of ever getting a babysitter (grandparents or my sister) unless it's something important and I can't take the kids.  I do love my kids more than anything...but sometimes a break for no reason would be nice.  I'm still thinking that Josh and I will take a long over-due honeymoon to the mountains.  We never really had one, we stayed local in a hotel for one night and was on our way home at 8 this next morning.  I'd love to go and stay several days in a cabin and do the whole sight-seeing thing with my hubby without having to stop every 30 minutes because a kid needs to pee, is hungry, is tired...or being just a plain brat.  Not to mention that this November, we will have been married 10 years, with 5 of that him working away from home traveling from state to state (and usually coming home one or 2 weekends a month), and then he did over a year in Iraq, and this will make 2 years in Afghanistan (not alot of time together).   Don't get me wrong, we are happily married and I'm not worried about the "spark" not being there.  Heck...I still get butterflies when I hear that familar "beep" that means he's online, or I hear his ringtone.  :-)   I just think that a few days away from everything will be good for us.  When he's home on his r/r's, we always take a date night where someone watches the kids overnight and we go out to eat and to a movie and then home.  But that's really it...the rest of the time it's all about him spending time with the kids (as he should be).   I didn't really mean to get on that topic...but I'm glad I've put it out there so that years from now, I can remember exactly how I felt at this time in my life.      

1 comment:

  1. You are still SUPER MOM :)
    I really don't see where you find your energy or do all that you do but I admire it!

    ReplyDelete